Cleansers, moisturizers, toners help us a lot to achieve that clear, glowing skin. Exfoliating once or twice a week is also important. Believe it or not! Your skin has many nasty things inside. Things that can give you nightmares! And skin issues too!
When I was a teen (like 13) I didn’t understand the concept of scrubbing. My face was all dirty and sweaty and on top of that I started getting acne. It was a disaster. My skin was bleeding rivers of blood and pus. It actually felt like the end of the world for me. I couldn’t touch my face. I was afraid of people seeing me. Now getting pimples and acne and other gooey stuff on your face is common when you’re a teen, but trust me, you can control that disaster and save your face and skin. Acne really took a lot of my years.
So I started dealing with my skin problems with natural ingredients. I have heard people avoiding natural skincare techniques as they take time to give you desired results. Let’s be honest here, you cannot apply one face pack and expect smooth photoshopped skin the next day! It will take time and you have to be patient.
Scrub the dirt away!
Facewashes and cleansers can clean your face to some extent but what about deep cleaning of the pores? The pores are like mini holes inside your skin where dirt, sweat and oil get trapped. The pores can get infected and give you acne and other skin issues too. Dead skin also gets trapped inside. So in order to clean this mess, you need scrubs. Scrubs snatch away all the bad things from your pores and give you cleaner and smoother skin.
Well, there are a lot of good face and body scrubs available in the skincare market. I decided to opt for something natural and less chemicallish. So here are some scrubs that helped me improve my skin and texture. Give it a read!
To be honest, I am obsessed with apricot scrubs. They’re good for your skin. It is full of amazing properties and plus point! You can get this anywhere!
- Apricots are full of vitamin A and C and potassium.
- It improves health of the skin
- It improves your skin tone, removes blackheads and unclogs your pores.
- Apricots delay the signs of ageing and maintain the elasticity of the skin.
- Adds a natural glow.
- It is not EXPENSIVE at all.
(If you’re in India and thinking of switching to apricot scrubs and want to know about brands you can check the review of Khadi Mauri Apricot Face Scrub here.)
Apricot face scrubs are considered a little too rough for the skin but trust me they’re not, if you know how to use them. Do not go harsh with apricot scrubs, they’re powerful and can totally take your nasty blackheads out and you don’t need to force them. Do not rub hard or you can hurt your pores. The key is to go slow and gentle. Your skin will appreciate the love.
I started using coffee scrubs for a change and Oh boy! They are magic. I am sure many of us are addicted to coffee. It has caffeine. Coffee activates your mind and your skin too! It’s a win-win.
- Coffee scrubs have exfoliating properties and it improves texture of your skin.
- Improves circulation.
- Coffee leaves your skin smoother and softer.
- Now as we know coffee has caffeine, it helps tightening the skin which can reduce cellulite. My body is full of those strips and I am not ashamed but you can reduce the appearance of cellulite with regular use of coffee scrubs if you like. (Cellulite is not something to be ashamed of).
- Many of us deal with dark circles. Coffee scrubs cure non hereditary dark circles under the eye.
- It Fights premature skin ageing.
- It brightens the skin up.
You can go for readymade coffee scrubs if you like or you can even DIY it too! It is cheaper! And natural!
DIY Coffee Scrub
- 2 tbsp of coffee grounds.
- 1 tbsp of coconut, olive or almond oil. You can use a very little amount of these oils if you have oily skin like me. You can choose any of the three oils above! It is great for people who have dry skin.
- Mix these ingredients and form a paste. Apply it in your face and gently massage it in a circular motion. Make sure you are slow and soft, you don’t want to hurt your face!
- Rinse with lukewarm water as it will remove the dirt and the excess oil.
Coffee scrubs can leave a little aroma, personally, I love anything that smells like chocolate, coco or coffee. It will leave you feeling fresh and awake.
It is really good if you’re cutting out that excess sugar from your diet, but you can actually use sugar in your skincare routine! Let me tell you why you should add sugar to your skincare routine.
- Sugar retains moisture and keeps skin hydrated. So if you have dehydrated or dry skin, you have nothing to worry at all. Sugar will provide that moisture for a very long time! It is ideal for sensitive skin too!
- Sugar has Glycolic acid which breaks down dead skin cells.
DIY Sugar Scrub
It is really easy to make sugar scrub. (It will save you some bucks too).
- 1/2 tbsp sugar. It’d be safer to use powdered sugar, larger crystals can hurt your face.
- a little amount of olive or coconut oil.
- You can add various essential oils too!
Rinse off with lukewarm water.
So these are my favorite face scrubs that I tried and worked for me.
We all have different skin types and needs. Continue with these scrubs if you feel your skin loved them or seek expert solution and treatment if you get any breakouts. You have to understand what your skin needs. DO NOT continue with these products if your skin doesn’t reacts well with it. Coconut oil doesn’t works for me, you’ll have to experiment and try in order to know what’s best for you!
Let me know what you think!
You can connect with me here and share your thoughts and views!
Take care of your skin!
2 thoughts on “The Magic of Scrubs!”
Nice. Good tips to maintain look like a teens even in 60s.
Yes! Make sure you try it and let me know the results! 🙂