So many of us are trying to switch that pizza with some salad in order to achieve that perfect, flawless, baby skin! It is true that you need to eat healthy to have a good skin, food plays a really vital role in our skin care. But is it enough? Well, good food cleanses your body from within and helps you achieve that glow that you lose on a daily basis. We have cleansers, moisturizers, scrubs, masks and serum for our skin care! But what about skin food? Our skin needs to be soaked in goodness and we miss that step very often.
Face packs act like food to our skin. The food our skin needs to be healthy and nourished.
Reasons to add face packs in your skin care routine!
- Dehydration, tan, hyper pigmentation, acne, wrinkles and fine lines, face packs have the answers to all of these problems. It acts as a skin food that takes care of your skin from the outside.
- It nourishes the skin and soaks the skin with goodness it needs. Face packs come with amazing ingredients that you can buy or DIY according to your skin type and tastes.
- Daily use of face packs tightens and firms your skin up!
How to be prepared?
We ditch face packs as it is a lot of work. You mix up the ingredients, you soak your face in it and then you wait! Honestly, who has the time for that? We all want faster results and we all want to wake up like beautiful victoria secret models, don’t we? But my friend, good things come to those who wait! And work for it!
- Choose face packs according to your skin type. If you have an oily skin, go for a face pack that controls the oil production in your face and cleanses your pores. If you have a dry skin, make sure you opt for a face pack that nourishes your face.
- Give yourself the extra time. Have me time in your daily routine, your skin deserves it!
- If you’re using natural and homemade face packs, make sure your ingredients are fresh and clean.
Face pack for dry skin
People who have a dry skin lack the soft glow and nourishment. The skin appears flaky. Dry skin can age or have wrinkles really fast and fine lines are present on the list too! You can DIY face packs that suit your skin perfectly.
Milk and Almond pack ( for dry skin)
Milk is a natural moisturizer loaded with benefits and nutrients.
- Soak some almonds in water for an hour and grind it. Make sure it turns out to be a thick paste. Add 2 tablespoon of milk and mix it up. Apply and massage your face with it and leave your skin to rest for 20-30 minutes and wash it off. Do it 2 times a week. Your skin will become softer and healthier.
Face pack for oily skin
Oily skin is really tricky to deal with. That unwanted shine is always present no matter what you do. It makes your skin greasy and appear dirty which gives birth to a lot of skin problems like acne , rashes and what not!
Fuller’s earth, rosewater and lemon pack (for oily skin)
I have already mentioned the benefits of rosewater, you can DIY it too! Rosewater is loaded with benefits. You can read about it here.
- Mix fuller’s earth, rosewater and lemon juice to form a paste.
- Apply it all over your face, it can tingle your skin a little but that’s okay. Make sure you don’t put it around your eyes and lips, as lemon juice can be a little harsh on those delicate places.
- Wash it off when it dries up.
Face pack for sensitive skin
We cannot use harsh or acidic ingredients for sensitive skin. Be very cautious while choosing a face pack if you have one, as one mistake can make your skin worse than it already is!
Oatmeal and yogurt pack (for sensitive skin)
- Mix up 2 spoons of yogurt and oatmeal into smooth paste.
- Apply this face pack and leave it for 20-30 minutes and wash it off.
So these are the DIY face packs you can add to your skin care routine or buy according to your skin type. You can share your ideas and join me here. Let me know how it worked for your skin!