Taking care of the oily skin is really hard, if you have an oily skin, you can relate! There are days I look like a greased up cat. Then I realized, it wasn’t just me who was suffering with a bad skin and messed up pores!
Acne took most of my years, I lost my confidence. My skin was a planet of dead cells and bacteria, the more I touched it, the more it spread! Slowly, I started getting acne on my back and my chest. I thought I was going to be like this forever. I was wrong. I am writing to tell you all beautiful people, acne doesn’t makes you ugly, everyone gets it and it will be gone if you take care of them.
These are the steps that helped me get rid of my acne. I am dealing with scars now. I’m treating them and getting results too! NO! You don’t have to spend all you have on skin care! You don’t have to cover your face with innumerable products! All we need is some patience! Read on!
- Do not touch your face with unclean hands. Make sure you minimize touching your face, specially the spots you have pimples or acne on! Our hands are dirty, we touch like billions of things daily. Always wash your hands with a sanitizer before you touch your face. Trust me this made a lot of difference. Something so minor can literally change the way your skin reacts.
- Do not pop your pimples, I know it can be tempting. Who wants to move around with a giant white gooey stuff on their face? But! Popping them will get you scars. I am dealing with this and it is hard to get rid of them!
- Popping your pimples can get the pores infected and make it worse than it already is! As I already mentioned, avoid touching your face.
- Do not go hard with the scrubs if you have acne, it can hurt them. Be gentle! Your skin needs love!
- Always wash your makeup brushes and never share them with anyone. Make sure you wash them with an antiseptic soap and rinse them with lukewarm water.
Things you need to do to get rid of acne!
- If you have an oily skin, make sure you do not use oil based foundations or other makeup, it will clog your pores and will leave your makeup looking greasy and dirty. Always use a water based primer or moisturizer.
- Do not use oil based makeup remover. I tried the coconut oil to remove my makeup, but it wasn’t for me. Coconut has many properties but it isn’t for everyone. It can clog your pores and your skin can break out!
- Tea tree oil is amazing. It works really well and gets rid of the bacteria and soothes your skin. You can dilute it and add it to your moisturizer. (do not forget to dilute it as it can be pretty hard on your skin). You can use products which has tea tree oil in it. It worked for me, I hope it works for you too! It treats many infections too.
- Make sure you do not use a scrub that is loaded with chemicals. It will irritate your skin and it will hurt really badly. I used Apricot scrub and it worked pretty great. Keep in mind, do not go hard with it on your skin, being gentle is the key! Apricot scrubs are pretty cheap too!
- Do not skip your skin care routine. It will slow the process down. Be regular. Your skin needs it. You need it. Be patient.
- Drink water. A hydrated skin heals faster. I experienced this. You can take it as a detox water too. Add some cucumbers and lemon and a dash of honey! Your skin will love it.
- Cut down sugar and oily or junk food for a while. You can have a cheat day! I saw a lot of changes after this. I got that long-lost glow back.
- Always wash your face with lukewarm or cold water. Hot water can irritate your pores.
- If your acne gets bumpy and red, take an ice-cube and rub over it slowly. It will soothe the pain and the redness.
- Stress gives you acne, make sure you stay calm and get a good sleep every night. This will heal your skin faster. We all need a beauty sleep!
These tips worked for me. I had a really bad skin and I’ve seen a lot of improvements too! Give your skin some time, take care of it and never skip your skin care routine! If you get any irritation from the products mentioned above, see a doctor. We all get acne for different reasons. Do what works for your skin. Do what your skin loves and prefers! I’d love to hear how it worked for you guys!
You can share your thoughts and views here.