After jumping into the sparkling world of skin care and knowing things better, my skincare stash has always been full of gel based cleansers, which are an appropriate option for people with sensitive/acne prone/oily skin. They’re generally very mild and can work out for people with dry skin as well.
After indulging and treating myself with extravagant Korean sheet masks, toners and serums, I thought of trying out the cleansers too and I started out with The Face Shop Herb Day 365 cleanser which is enriched with different herbs and extracts and ditched the gel based cleansers for a while. After using it for almost 4 and half months, here are my thoughts and experiences:
View this post on Instagram
I'm a 'gel based' cleanser person and @thefaceshopindia_official @thefaceshop.official Herb Day 365 Cleansing Foam – Acerola, is the first foam based cleanser I tried after going through some reviews and learning that they're appropriate for Highly greasy and Oily Skin. A little squeeze goes a long way and you get a feathery foamy lather. I'd definitely talk about this cleanser in a detailed blog post after I finish it up!🌈 Do you prefer foam based cleansers? What are the brands you'd like me to try?😍 . . . #kbeauty #kbeautyaddict #kbeautyblogger #koreanbeauty #koreanskincare #skincareroutine #skincareregime #skincareblogger #beautybloggers #skincareaddict #beautyflatlay #flatlay #flatlaysquad #beautyblog #skincarereview #indianblogger #bloggerlife #bloggers #luxuryskincare #kolkatablogger #indianbeautyblogger #instaskincare #skincarethread #mensskincare #beautyaddict #discoverunder10k #discoverunder1k #bloggerstyle
The cleanser comes in a large tube, tightly sealed and packed with a flip cover and you can easily squeeze out the amount you need. (I prefer a drop!) However it is not travel friendly and there are no travel minis available either. It’s just a huge cleanser that’ll probably last you a long time! A very long time! 😀
Texture & Aroma
The cleanser has a soft, pretty and shiny, pearly pink texture and a drop of it goes a long way! It gets soft and foamy once you lather it up on your skin. The aroma is mild but sharp in this variant and lingers for a minute or two after rinsing. I’d suggest a patch test if you have an extremely sensitive skin that doesn’t reacts well with fragrance or skip it if you are not a fan of scented skincare products. There are unscented cleansers available in the market too!
Price and Quantity
You get 170ml of the product for 300INR ( 4USD approx.). There are discounts available too if you keep a track. A single tube will last you months!
It claims to be for all the skin types, but I believe the Acerola one can be drying for extremely dry skin types. There are 5 variants you can choose from, based on your skin concerns.
The detailed ingredient list is mentioned in the packaging, it is Paraben Free.
Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Glycol Distearate, Lauric Acid, Acerola Fruit Extract, Horse Chest nut Bark Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Leaf Extracts, Lady”s Mantle Extracts, Sage Leaf Extracts, Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypropyl, Methylcellulose, Yellow 6, Red 33.
My Experience with The Face Shop Herb Day 365 Cleanser : Acerola
- I have an Oily- Acne prone skin but I am not sensitive to fragrance or aromatic skincare products, even though the fragrance in this cleanser is mild but it is sharp. My overall experience was nice, the cleanser actually gets rid of all the excess dirt and oil. It was also strong enough to melt make up without all the tugging and pulling! It claims to work on blackheads but I failed to see any major changes however a regular use gets rid of the dullness.
- It was gentle on the days I had active acne. There was no burning, tingling or redness.
- The cleanser leaves you with a fresh and clean skin with a hint of brightness. It gets rid of all the grime lying on the surface, including makeup. If you prefer double cleansing, this can work really well after a cleansing balm. The 365 Herb Day range from The Face Shop has cleansing balms as well.
- As I have an extremely oily skin, I didn’t experience any major drying or pulling sensations post cleansing, it was strong yet gentle on my skin but, the Acerola variant can be drying for people with extremely dry skin types.
- I loved the cleanser, it worked beautifully on my skin so I repurchased the Mungbean variant, I feel it is softer and milder than the Acerola one. I’ll update and compare my experience once I get a clear view.
- Overall, this foam based cleanser is a good and affordable option for people with Normal/Oily/Acne prone skin type. It also works on dullness but you have to be patient. A little drop of the product goes a long way and the tube really lasts long!
I’d love to know your thoughts and experiences too. Please Subscribe to my blog for more skin care updates! 🙂
Note: This review is solely based on my experience. This review is not sponsored. If you experience any discomfort, please seek professional help.