Green tea: The New Beauty Treatment
We all lead a very busy life. Some of us miss our breakfasts in daily basis, 24 hours is not enough a day. So how do we take care of ourselves? How do we achieve the baby soft skin? How do we get rid of that dark dullness pollution smothered our face with? How do we clean our skin cells? How do we get the million dollar face lift, without compromising our skin with chemicals and lasers and the burn in our pockets? Let me tell you an easy way, The Green Tea Treatment.
Origin of Green Tea: The Miracle Herb
Green tea was very popular in China and people used it medicinally. It was not consumed as refreshment or a beverage, to say. They drank it in really small amounts just like we take our medicines. Later it was adopted in India too!
So, What’s inside green tea that it went crazy popular and How is it good for us?
Green tea is enriched with high amounts of ANTIOXIDANTS.
It has Amino acids, Enzymes, Polyphenols, Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium, Caffeine and it’s a very good source of Vitamin B too!
And if you don’t like that leafy taste and don’t want it near your taste buds, WE HAVE ANOTHER OPTION!!
You can use it in your weekly face masks!
When I tell you that green tea can really save you some money, you’ll have to trust me. It can give you a clear complexion, it can get rid of all the tiredness in your eyes, acne and give a lift to your skin that it deserves. I personally suffered from really bad acne for years! Nature has the answers of all the problems we have.
Now, let me tell you about the beauty masks!
Green Tea Mask for Improved Complexion
Things you need:-
- A used green tea bag, make sure you haven’t used sugar in it when you brewed it. Do not use the tea that has flavor in it. It can irritate your skin. Go for a natural one with the natural taste!
- Scoop out the contents in a glass bowl and add a few drops of lemon juice on it! Make sure you don’t equal the proportions of green tea and lemon juice, as the acids, in it can cause tingling sensations to those who have sensitive skin. 2 drops will do! We just need the goodness!
- Add a teaspoon of raw honey, mix it up and apply it to your face. Rinse it off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes! Do it once a week, relax and you’re done! It increases the elasticity, heals blemishes, inflammation and scars. Your skin will thank you for it.
Green tea mask for puffy eyes and Dark circles!
The Vitamins in the green tea, really helps get rid of the years of tiredness in our eyes! So many of us stay up late and the result kisses our eyes with dark circles and puffiness! It’s not worth it!
It helps lighten the dark circles around your eyes.
- Place cold green tea bags, avoid the flavored ones, on eyelids. (Make sure you close your eyes, you don’t want it in your eyes).
- Let it sit on your eyes and relax. Get it off after 15 minutes and wash your face with normal water!
Green tea mask for Anti Ageing
- Take 2 teaspoons of plain yogurt, avoid the flavored ones, we’re in here for all naturals!
- Add the green tea leaves and a bit of turmeric powder. Indians have been using turmeric powder for ages and it works magic, not only it will make your skin younger and tighter, it will also give your skin a glow!
- let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
So these are the gifts of green tea that nature offers us. If you feel any uneasiness and realize it’s not for your face or your skin type, wash it off and visit a doctor. I would recommend doing a patch test first! And go easy on the lemon juice drops! Let’s know how it went down the comments! Feel free to share.